Volunteers, we need you! Come join the FESTIVAL TEAM.
IF YOU ARE A VOLUNTEER LOOKING FOR YOUR SCHEDULE GO HERE
Volunteers are essential to the Vancouver International Children’s Festival. Our Festival can only run smoothly with the generous help of hundreds of devoted volunteers. Each year, volunteers, like you, contribute to the success of the Festival by helping us welcome 25,000 attendees! It is a huge endeavour and we could not do it without you. As a matter of fact, we LOVE our volunteers and we offer many perks to thank you for your contribution.
Interested? Looking for high school volunteer opportunities? Fill out the ONLINE APPLICATION FORM. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 604–708-5655 with any questions, we would love to hear from you!
- Get involved in an exciting creative project and open your mind to different perspectives
- Meet extraordinary people
- Learn and develop new skills
- Take part in a festive community event where you are encouraged to dress up every day you come to work
- Share your love of interacting by volunteering with kids
- Show that you care about your community
- Create wonderful experiences for kids, adults, and co-workers
What are the perks?
- Free snacks and treats at the Volunteer Centre, where you can rest, refuel, and hang out during your break and expand your circle of friends.
- Standby pass for all performances
- Free Friday night show for three shifts worked (this does not include the training/orientation)
- Free t‑shirt for three shifts worked (this does not include the training/orientation)
- Extra Activity Village Wristband: You will receive one Free wristband to the Activity Village for each day you volunteer. This means you can bring your sibling or come back to the Festival at a later time.
- Signed Confirmation outlining that you volunteered “x” hours for the Festival. This is not a reference letter. It is a note confirming your participation in the Festival.
- School credit for hours volunteered. If you require Work Experience forms and Work Experience Evaluation forms completed, you need to volunteer a minimum of 21 hours. We have high school opportunities available.
- Reference Letter upon request for volunteers who contribute a minimum of 30 hours
- All volunteers who complete 30 hours or more are invited to the Volunteer Party after the Festival closes to let loose and have some fun. There will be food, beverages, cake, prizes, and the opportunity to share highlights of the Festival with other volunteers and Festival staff members.
What makes a successful volunteer?
- Good command of the English language.
- Strong communication skills.
- Reliable and dependable.
- Attend training session(s).
- Willing to give your time with a smile.
- Contribute to the best of your abilities.
- Flexible, patient, respectful, with a good dose of humility.
- Like to have fun!
What positions are available?
There’s a job at the Festival for everyone, depending on your interest, commitment level, and skill set.
DURING THE FESTIVAL (May 31 to June 5) and the week before: We have a lot of positions to choose from, so we have categorized them in three groups depending on the time commitment and duties required. A full shift is approx. seven hours long. Apply now for the spots you want most!
Our volunteer opportunities:
- Regular Volunteer position requires a commitment of 2 shifts
- Host / Chaperone position requires a commitment of 3 shifts
- Crew Captain position requires a commitment of 5 shifts
Please take a few minutes to read about some of the positions available by clicking on the links above, then go ahead and apply. If you are applying as a Key Volunteer, Host, or Crew Captain you will be asked to upload a resumé on the application form.
Parlez-vous français? Voilà l’opportunité que vous attendiez!
LE BÉNÉVOLAT EN FRANÇAIS/FRENCH SPEAKING VOLUNTEERS LA JOURNÉE FRANCOFUN! Jeudi 2 juin / Thursday, June 2. Sign up on the online application form.
Join The Team
Email email@example.com or call us at 604–708-5655 with any questions, we would love to hear from you!
If you are interested in volunteering, please fill out the Online Application Form below.