Field Trip Information For Schools
School Tickets are on Sale NOW! Plan a Field Trip with us and share the Festival’s exceptional music, circus, theatre, dance and storytelling shows with your class. We can’t wait to delight, enchant and engage your students with workshops and performances from local and international artists including live Q&As. May 27 — June 2, 2024 on Granville Island. View the Teacher Brochure.
2024 Festival Teaser
We have detailed Curriculum Connections for each of our shows. Our shows have been expertly reviewed and connected to the BC Curriculum across all appropriate grade levels, including ‘Big Ideas’, “Curricular Competencies” and “Content”.
All of our shows have been uniquely designed for students, and many of our shows have study guides with age-appropriate, relevant and curriculum connected activities to solidify learning in a fun and memorable way.
Easily justify a Festival field trip with your class. Visit our show pages and view the Curriculum Connections by grade on the right hand side. We also have Curriculum Connections for some of our on-site activities.
SCHOOL TICKET PRICES
Early Bird Pricing (Valid until April 12th, 2024)
Festival 1 Show
Purchase 1 Show ticket before April 12th for $12 + GST per ticket.
Festival 2 Shows
Purchase tickets to 2 Shows before April 12th for $11 + GST per ticket per show.
(Show Tickets include access to the Activity Village)
- Get one free ticket for every 20 tickets purchased
- Show Tickets are required for all patrons, including parent volunteers and supervisors. To help teachers, we provide Parent Volunteers with FREE Activity Village wristbands. If you don’t have a budget for parents to attend the show ask them to grab a coffee and explore Granville Island. After the show, they can return to chaperone students in the Activity Village.
- Home learners are recognized as a school and qualify for school group rates for Tuesday-Friday performances
- Please note, a $10 per order handling fee +GST will be added to all school trip ticket orders.
- School Prices increase to $13 per ticket for 1 Show and $12 per ticket for 2 shows +GST after April 12th
READY TO BOOK YOUR FIELD TRIP?
Step 1: Choose your show(s)
STEP 2: PLACE YOUR ORDER
- Fill out our ONLINE ORDER FORM
- PHONE: Call 604.708.5655
- EMAIL: Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- A 25% non-refundable deposit by school cheque or credit card is required to place your order. After you submit your order form, we will contact you to confirm your booking and take your payment information. A paid deposit is required to secure your tickets.
- The remaining 75% payment will be due one month after the deposit is paid. This will give you time to reconfirm and adjust ticket numbers as needed before your final payment.
- By request payment in full is also available and is due 30 days after the invoice is issued.
- A $10 per order handling fee + GST will be added to all school ticket orders.
SCHOOL BOX OFFICE
Call 604.708.5655 for information or to place your order. If you’re calling after office hours (Mon-Fri; 8:30am‑4:00pm), please leave a message at ext. 108.
*IMPORTANT IN-PERSON TICKET INFORMATION
The Vancouver International Children’s Festival respects and follows all Public Health Orders.
- Please click here for our complete health and safety protocols
We strive towards creating an environment where any person or group feels welcomed, respected, represented, supported, and valued to meaningfully participate. Please learn about our accessible offerings.
Wheelchair seating is available at all show venues. Our activity areas are also wheelchair-friendly. When booking, please notify us of the number of wheelchair spaces required and if there are accompanying aides.
We can help you arrange school bus service for your field trip. Call 604.708.5655 for details.
FESTIVAL HOST PROGRAM
- By request, host(s) can assist your school group throughout the day – give you an orientation, get you to and from your show, help choose activities and lunch site and answer any questions you may have. For more information, visit our FESTIVAL HOST PROGRAM info package
- Hosts will meet their assigned school group at the Teacher Information Kiosk at the school bus drop-off, unless an alternative meeting place is requested (e.g. first show venue or entrance to the Activity Village).
- Free — This is a complimentary service for teachers.
FESTIVAL SITE & ACTIVITY VILLAGE HOURS
Tuesday – Friday: 9:30am – 2:30pm
Saturday: 10:30am – 6:00pm
Sunday: 10:30am – 5:00pm