We’re looking for an Audience Services Manager
October 09, 2019
Join our Team!! If you (or someone you know) are interested in joining a great organization, take a look at our posting for an Audience Services Manager below. The deadline to apply is November 8th, 2019.
Reporting directly to the Artistic & Executive Director, the Audience Services Manager is responsible for efficiently planning and managing all box office aspects of the annual Children’s Festival.
The Audience Services Manager works with the Education & Volunteer Coordinator to administer school ticket sales and with the Front of House Manager on-site to coordinate audience access into and out of shows. The Audience Services Manager acts as an advocate of the Vancouver International Children’s Festival Society to arts professionals, various stakeholders and the community at large.
This permanent part time position running full-time hours (37.4 hours per week) from January – July annually.
This seasonal position includes but is not limited to the following responsibilities:
- Plan and manage single ticket sales details with ticketing agencies (Tickets Tonight, etc).
- Prepare Festival information binders for Tickets Tonight staff.
- Supervise the Co-op student who will coordinate the Adopt a Class program, assist with school sales, coordinate program ads and the information program.
- Liaise with TT regarding the public sales for Trivia Night and the Festival.
- Prepare/update ticketing documents as required.
- Oversee Good Neighbours comps
- Coordinate and sell the Family Pack & Group Public ticket sales.
- Work with EVC to manage and process school sales bookings.
- Coordinate all comp ticket requests.
- Respond promptly to information request and ticket orders.
- Ensure all patron information is accurately entered in database.
- Ensure the highest possible level of customer service in all box office transactions.
- Work with FOH staff to ensure a smooth system for the Festival.
- Provide appropriate signage for the onsite box office in relation to sold out shows etc.
- Work with the FOH Manager to ensure all necessary ticketing information is available for FOH staff.
- Represent the Society at events and meetings as necessary.
- Participate in the Festival and other activities as necessary.
- Support the efforts of the Society and other Society personnel as necessary.
- Attend regular production meetings of the staff and contractors as scheduled.
- Other duties as required
- Oversee the school sales.
- Enter all school holds and process school tickets.
- Responsible for tracking school numbers.
- Process and oversee all school payments.
- Oversee the preparation of teacher packages.
- 2 – 5 years box office experience
- 2 -3 year’s experience supervising staff
- Excellent MS Word Office and Excel skills
- Familiarity with Tickets Tonight or other Ticket booking software(training provided)
- Excellent customer service and/or sales experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent telephone manner and clear, articulate speech
- Proficient in the use of the internet and email
- Ability to handle a variety of workplace situations
- Able to work well under pressure and take and give direction
- Honesty and integrity
- Team player
- Festival experience and the ability to speak French are a bonus but not required
How to apply:
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org attention Katharine Carol. No phone calls please – only those short-listed for interviews will be contacted. We wish to thank all those who apply.
The Vancouver International Children’s Festival strives for meaningful employment from all communities and for our team to reflect the diversity of the communities we serve. Indigenous, people of colour, and people across the spectrums of gender, and sexuality, are encouraged to apply.
Remuneration 25,000 – 27,000