You’ll be blown away!
Won’Ma Africa will NOT be presented at this year’s Festival, check out the list of 2023 performers here.
Enjoy the breathtaking acrobatics and death-defying feats of Won’Ma Africa!
Kalabanté Productions’ handful of daring acrobats perform to the pulsating rhythm of the djembes of Guinea with authentic movement and acrobatics.
Come experience a mix of modern circus and traditional African dance and music including drums, Kora and singing that come to together in a spectacular show of stunts and tricks. This entertaining show embodies the strength, agility and joy of life found in African youth. Their joie de vivre is so infectious that afterwards you’ll backflip out of the theatre!
Producing Company: Kalabanté Productions
Country of Origin: Guinea / QC / Canada
Show length: 50 minutes
Ages: All ages (Grades: K‑12)
Venue: Granville Island Stage
- Arts Education: Dance, music
- English Language Arts: Literature, poetry
- Social Studies: Cultural studies, cultural perspectives, diversity and inclusion
- Physical and Health Education: Fitness
- Science: Physics
A live music experience is much louder and very different than hearing recorded songs at home. While all ages are welcome, a loud concert, singalong or drumming may be frightening to some. Please use your own discretion when making your show selection.
Venue: Granville Island Stage, Arts Club Theatre Company, 1585 Johnston Street, Vancouver, BC
Ways to Watch
Watch a live performance at the venue.
- Festival 1 Show Pass: $12+GST/ticket
- Festival 2 Show Pass: $22+GST/ticket
FOR THE PUBLIC:
- Festival 1 Show Pass: $12.50-$22.00 + GST/ticket
- 4‑Pack Pass: (4 tickets to 1 show) $58.00 + s/c and GST
- Hearing Assistance