Get ready for a story literally packed full of fun and suspense!
The Girl Who Forgot to Sing Badly will NOT be presented at this year’s Festival, check out the list of 2023 performers here.
Sometimes it takes a girl-sized human to solve an adult-sized problem… Peggy O’Hegarty and her parents are packers. They squeeze fruit into tins, foxes into boxes, even bikes into brown paper bags. And then one day, work stops working, and the jobs stop jobbing and Peggy steps outside to find that winter has arrived…and everyone in her city has vanished!
Get ready for a story literally packed full of fun and suspense. Louis Lovett ingeniously performs all the characters as he takes the audience on an untamed adventure. The story unfolds through the transformation of the set’s large whimsical crate, in which props and whole worlds are packed.
As Peggy desperately tries to save the day, we learn about love, loss, the reassurance of goats and that we should all have the courage to sing gloriously on or off-key!
Producing Company: Theatre Lovett
Country of Origin: Ireland
Show length: 68 minutes
Resource: Study Guide
Ages: Ages 7 and up (Grades: 1 and up)
- Fine Arts: Drama, Performance, Design;
- Language Arts: Story-Telling, Narrative, Word-play and Puns;
- Emotional/Social Development: Social Awareness, Self Awareness, Self Management, Empathy, Confidence, Transformation
Ways to Watch
Watch a pre-recorded online performance at home or in the classroom. Available until Sunday, June 12th at 8pm. Closed Captioning available.
FOR THE PUBLIC:
- Household: $24 +GST and s/c
- Multiple viewers can watch 1 Vancouver International Children’s Festival Online Performance for only $24 per show.