Call for Artists
November 19, 2020
The Vancouver International Children’s Festival Society (VICFS) is inviting established and emerging QTBIPOC artists with a focus on musicians and spoken word to apply for the Future Music Residency to develop performances appropriate for young audiences.
The VICF is looking for new, exciting voices to share with its young audience that reflect the world we live in and the diverse talents of local musicians. We are focusing on individuals and duos for this call.
The Future Music Residency provides the opportunity to enhance your music career by developing a show for young audiences, gain industry knowledge and assets, record and perform. You will receive mentorship from Rup Sidhu and other Apparatus artists.
- Creating performances appropriate for young audiences
- Website, epk, visuals, headshots, video and recording
- Mentoring and feedback sessions
- Live performance at the Vancouver International Children’s Festival (VICF) June 4-6, 2021
Artists will receive with the following:
- Fee for performance and an honourarium for the workshop process
- EPK, head shot, professional video of at least one song and have access to record a song in a professional studio
- Information and guidance around accessing/working with agents, presenters, grants and music publishing
- Performance credit due to the VICF
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send us a short letter outlining why you would like to participate in this mentorship program along with any links to previous work and/or any quality of recording.
The deadline is January 21st, 2021 and the program will take place between February to June 6, 2021
Contact Name: Katharine Carol
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org