When the Colours Ran Away
While a Grade 3 class is on a field trip to the Art Gallery they notice something strange. An Emily Carr painting has empty shapes and missing blotches of colour, and on closer inspection they see: patches of green spilling out of the painting; yellow circles and blue squares fighting; the colour red hanging off the frame, ready to escape. Interestingly, no one from the gallery seems to notice anything out of the ordinary. Why are the colours so eager to leave the painting? It’s up to the children to get to the bottom of the colours’ behaviour and convince them to return. This interactive film uses live action and animation to tell a beautiful story about accessibility and equity in a fun and unique way. Commissioned by the Vancouver International Children’s Festival.
Producing Company: ThinkArts
Genre: Digital Storytelling/Film
Show length: 25 minutes
Ages: Ages 4 and up (Grades Pre and up)
Ways to Watch & Listen
- Pre-recorded Online
- Watch a pre-recorded online performance at home or in your classroom. Available until Sunday, June 13th at 8pm.
|Available starting||Watch until||Pre-recorded video tickets|
|Thursday, June 3 at 10:00 am||8:00 pm on Sunday, June 13||Buy tickets|
- Tickets go on sale to the public on April 13th at 9am. More info…
- All Performance Tickets will include access to 6 online arts workshops!
Schools – Virtual Field Trip
- LIVE Online – $60+GST & order fee per class
- Pre-recorded Online – $60+GST & order fee per class
School Tickets are on sale NOW! All Virtual Field Trips include access to 6 online arts workshops!