The Friendship Village (Africa Day)
Come see Jacky Essombe, Yoro Noukoussi and Kurai Mubaiwa perform with traditional Rwandan dance troupe Indangamirwa with special guests Aly Traoré and N’nato Camara at The Friendship Village. Amateur performers will join the professionals, reflecting not only the diversity of Africa but also the welcoming and communal essence of its music, songs and dances. Let’s celebrate friendship across cultures together! The Friendship Village is the closing performance of Africa Day, a day of friendship at the 2021 Vancouver International Children’s Festival.
- TBD In-Person Event: With current provincial health orders restricting events and for the safety of patrons, the Festival will not be selling In-person performance tickets at this time. Should BC Public Health Authorities lift restrictions, the Festival will release a limited number of tickets for In-person shows. The Festival will monitor communications from the provincial health office and make an announcement regarding In-person tickets by the end of April. Please stay tuned. Tickets for Online shows go on sale on April 13th at 9am.
Performers: Jacky Essombe, Yoro Noukoussi, Kurai Mubaiwa and Indangamirwa Traditional Dance Group with special guests Aly Traoré and N’nato Camara
Country: BC / Canada (with roots in Cameroon, Benin, Guinea, Rwanda and Zimbabwe)
Show length: 50-60 minutes
Ages: All Ages (Grades K-12)
Ways to Watch & Listen
- Watch a live performance at the venue.
|Sunday, June 6||In-person tickets|
|4:00 – 5:00 pm|
- Online Performance Tickets are on sale NOW. More info…
- All Performance Tickets will include access to 6 online arts workshops!
Schools – Virtual Field Trip
- LIVE Online – $60+GST & order fee per class
- Pre-recorded Online – $60+GST & order fee per class
School Tickets are on sale NOW! All Virtual Field Trips include access to 6 online arts workshops!