Once Upon a Tide
You’ll be swept away on a journey that follows eight hundred turtle siblings as they make their way to India to celebrate their Father’s birthday. This large family of turtles are spread far and wide across the world. They must overcome great lengths and work together in order to all arrive at Velas in time for their Father’s party. Will this turtle train be delayed, or will they arrive on time? Using animation, film and puppetry, Art Apart has created a layered and charming film that honours Diego, the real Giant Tortoise from the Galapagos who turned one hundred in 2020. In a breeding program, Diego was responsible for siring a whopping eight hundred offspring over his lifetime and has helped revive this endangered species. Watch a video below!
Producing Companies: Art Apart & ThinkArts
Genre: Digital Arts/Storytelling/Film
Show length: 30 minutes
Ages: Ages 6 and up (Grades K and up)
Ways to Watch & Listen
- Pre-recorded Online
- Watch a pre-recorded online performance at home or in your classroom. Available until Sunday, June 13th at 8pm.
|Available starting||Watch until||Pre-recorded video tickets|
|Tuesday, June 1 at 12:00 pm||8:00 pm on Sunday, June 13||Buy tickets|
- Tickets go on sale to the public on April 13th at 9am. More info…
- All Performance Tickets will include access to 6 online arts workshops!
Schools – Virtual Field Trip
- LIVE Online – $60+GST & order fee per class
- Pre-recorded Online – $60+GST & order fee per class
School Tickets are on sale NOW! All Virtual Field Trips include access to 6 online arts workshops!