Get ready for an explosion of colour, energy and music that embodies the lively culture and rhythms of Brazil. The exhilarating combination of martial arts, dance, music and acrobatics known as capoeira is full of kicks, flips and vibrant colours. Dazzling costumes, hypnotic rhythms and energetic dances will sweep you away. Performed to the music of drums and the ancient stringed berimbau, the lively dancers of Vancouver’s own Aché Brasil will knock your socks off! A delightful, high-energy show that will leave you asking for more! Watch a video of Aché Brasil below!
- TBD In-Person Event: With current provincial health orders restricting events and for the safety of patrons, the Festival will not be selling In-person performance tickets at this time. Should BC Public Health Authorities lift restrictions, the Festival will release a limited number of tickets for In-person shows. The Festival will monitor communications from the provincial health office and make an announcement regarding In-person tickets by the end of April. Please stay tuned. Tickets for Online shows go on sale on April 13th at 9am.
Performers: Aché Brasil
Country: Brazil / BC
Show length: 50 minutes
Ages: All ages
Ways to Watch & Listen
- Watch a live performance at the venue.
|Saturday, June 5||In-person tickets|
|2:30 – 3:20 pm|
- Online Performance Tickets are on sale NOW. More info…
- All Performance Tickets will include access to 6 online arts workshops!
Schools – Virtual Field Trip
- LIVE Online – $60+GST & order fee per class
- Pre-recorded Online – $60+GST & order fee per class
School Tickets are on sale NOW! All Virtual Field Trips include access to 6 online arts workshops!
Bravo! Excellent! Fantastic! Staff and students alike were still talking about Aché Brasil the next day…the energy…the acrobatics…and how they involved all of us in their performance was incredible.
~ K. Heuchert, M.J. Norris Elementary School
Aché Brasil portrays many of the influences of the Brazilian culture with a brilliant explosion of talent and excitement designed to capture the imagination and attention of the whole family.
~ Deb Saffin, Rocky Mountain Weekender