Help us start a wave of giving
November 30, 2015
“#GivingTuesday is not about being a millionaire, it’s about ordinary people coming together doing extraordinary things.”
Help us start a wave of giving
On December 1st, we invite you to join us in celebrating #GivingTuesday by making your tax-deductible donation to Vancouver International Children’s Festival and helping us reach our goal of raising $25,000.
After Thanksgiving, Black Friday and Cyber Monday is #GivingTuesday, an international day of philanthropy that falls on the first Tuesday of December. By collectively focusing fundraising efforts on one day it allows for a “critical mass” of giving hopefully blasting through the noise of commercialism and encouraging more people to exercise a little kindness this holiday season.
Not only will your donation help us continue to deliver top quality arts and culture programming for kids ages 0 – 12, but it will enrich the lives of children and ensure the Festival remains affordable for everyone. There are many ways you can make an impact, with each contribution helping keep the Vancouver International Children’s Festival vibrant in our community.
Some of the community programs you will be supporting include:
- Good Neighbours Program: Each year the Festival distributes performance tickets at no cost to low income families through Kids Up Front, a non-profit society that distributes free tickets for arts, culture, sporting and recreational events to child-serving organizations across Metro Vancouver.
- Adopt a Class: This program provides return bus transportation and featured performance tickets for school groups in low-income neighborhoods across Metro Vancouver that would otherwise be unable to attend the Festival.
- Hospital Outreach Program: Our Hospital Outreach Program brings the Festival experience to children receiving treatment or in care at child-centred healthcare facilities serving all British Columbians: B.C. Children’s Hospital, Canuck Place Children’s Hospice and Sunny Hill Health Centre.
In addition to these programs, we also work with community and corporate partners to ensure our event remains sustainable and accessible for all. We’re pleased to announce this year Amacon Live Well have come on board to match all funds raised in December up to $10,000! Which means every donation you pledge will be matched, dollar for dollar!
Thanks Amacon for pledging to match our first $10,000 raised! Every donation on #GivingTuesday will be doubled!
Come celebrate our success with us!
#GivingTuesday is also our time to thank our generous public and private donors and those who have given so selflessly to our campaigns, projects and events. We invite you to join us to celebrate the tidings of the season at the Amacon Tree Lighting at Jack Poole Plaza, on December 4th, 2015. Live music, facepainting, hot cocoa, activities for the kids and of course, lighting of the spectacular trees are our gift to you this holiday season. Come share the magic! More info on the Amacon Tree Lighting Event
Win tickets to the Children’s Festival!
We will be randomly selecting winners from social media to receive one of 4 x Four Pack Family Passes for 2016’s Vancouver International Children’s Festival. To enter you must
- Follow and “Like” Van Kids Fest on Facebook and Twitter at @VICF or KidsFest
- Tweet or Facebook your support of our #GivingTuesdayCA campaign before 11:59 PM December 1st by clicking on the Twitter logo below!
We will be randomly selecting from those who post between November 24th – December 1st and contacting the winners after December 1st.
Thank you for supporting the Vancouver International Children’s Festival in 2016. With your help, we can make a difference to some very deserving kids in the Lower Mainland area.
The VICF Team