A Thank You Letter to Our Community of Sponsors and Funders
April 09, 2012
The countdown is on! In 49 days, the Vancouver International Children?s Festival takes place on Granville Island.
As you all know, we have faced a few key challenges producing this year?s Festival
event, with a keen eye on our goal to enchant families with professional performing artists from around the globe.
Without the generosity of our amazing community of sponsors and funders, the Vancouver International Children?s Festival wouldn?t be here today. So, it is with great pride and gratitude that we
publicly thank everyone who?s had a hand in supporting the festival so it can survive and thrive.
THANK YOU to:
* Coast Capital Savings, the Festival?s presenting sponsor
* BC Hydro Power Smart
* Port Metro Vancouver
* CMHC Granville Island
* Variety, the Children?s Charity
* Great-West Life
* Sun Life Financial
* RBC Foundation
* Global TV
* The Georgia Straight
* Glacier Media
* Fairchild Media Group
* Société Radio-Canada
* The Government of Canada through the Department of Canadian Heritage Canada Arts Presentation Fund
* The Province of BC through BC Arts Council and BC Gaming
* The City of Vancouver Cultural Services We extend our special thanks to Vancouver NPA Councillor George Affleck and the City of Vancouver for being open to hearing the Festival?s plea for
interim financial assistance. We have withdrawn our request because our appeal to The Province of BC for additional funding to make up the shortfall resulting from the teachers? job action was
Thanks to our entire community of supporters. We are grateful that you have made room in your hearts and budgets to help us secure a place for the Vancouver International Children?s Festival in
British Columbia families present and future.
~ Katharine Carol, Artistic & Executive Director